Travel Sketching in Mixed Media Video Course

instructorbadge

Travel Sketching in Mixed Media is my second course with Craftsy.com. It’s a fast paced program packed with information about sketching on location.

There are 7 lessons in the 2.5 hour program starting with the basics of sketching in pen, followed by tinting with color, and building towards advanced lessons where I demonstrate sketching directly in watercolor.

Lessons can be done at your own pace, you can start and stop at any time, taking as much time as you like to practice at home and ask me questions with the built in email messaging system. As well, once registered, you can re-visit the class as many times as you like – even years later.

BLOG READER DISCOUNT! Register for the Class at 50% off the retail price
just for being a supporter of CitizenSketcher.com!

My demonstrations in class are drawn from workshops I’ve taught as part of UrbanSketchers.org as well as all the travelling and drawing I’ve been doing on my blog these last few years. You’ll see me using techniques written about in my book, The Urban Sketcher; Techniques for Seeing and Drawing on Location, and you’ll get the most recent look at where I’ve taken my drawing practice since then.

Craftsy_Travel Sketching_Capture_00b

Craftsy_Travel Sketching_Capture_01

In the videos you’ll see multiple examples of how I learned to sketch rapidly on location. How to break down a scene into its big shapes, and how to solve common perspective problems you’ll encounter drawing on the street. I emphasize strategies anyone can use to come home from a vacation with a sketchbook full of colorful drawings.

BLOG READER DISCOUNT! Register for the Class at 50% off the retail price
just for being a supporter of CitizenSketcher.com!

Demo_Cinq-a-Sept

No matter if you’re interested in pen and ink drawing or plein air painting, you’ll find helpful tips on working quickly and keeping your sketches lively and fun.

MHolmes_Venice (3)

BLOG READER DISCOUNT! Register for the Class at 50% off the retail price
just for being a supporter of CitizenSketcher.com!

Craftsy_Travel Sketching_Capture_02

As a free bonus to anyone interested in sketching on location – please download my FREE PDF pamphlet Making Expressive Pen and Ink Drawings on Location. These class notes will give you a head start on the video lessons. I hope you’ll share any of my free downloadable worksheets, and the links for the video classes with all your sketching friends!

~m

1. August 20, 2015 5:54 PM

I can’t wait for this to be released. I took the first class on gesture drawing and put in my request for more from Mark. I can hardly believe I’m getting what I requested. This is great news!!!

2. August 20, 2015 6:47 PM

I have been enjoying your first class. I love taking it at my slow pace. looking forward to this course. Your course is one of the best online art classes I have taken

3. tmikeporter permalink
    August 20, 2015 6:52 PM

Hi Marc, I logged onto Craftsy and could not find your class listed. FYI

4. August 20, 2015 6:58 PM

J’ai adoré la 1ière classe, j’ai de voir la nouvelle :-)

5. August 20, 2015 7:16 PM

I know, I know – I already have the book, but I absolutely want to do the Travel video too! Perfect timing, I leave for Italy on September 3rd!!

6. evthomas permalink
    August 20, 2015 10:28 PM

I loved your first craftsy class, have your book, and cant wait for the next class to start. Thanks for a wealth of information !!!!!

7. joyfulmomofmany permalink
    August 21, 2015 9:44 AM

Really excited about this class! Thanks for the chance to win it!

8. August 21, 2015 12:14 PM

looking forward to taking it

9. Arlene Padden permalink
    August 21, 2015 12:23 PM

I love the first class on gesture drawing and can’t wait for this one. I highly recommend everything you do and really enjoy the way you teach each class from start to finish. A whole new world opened up for me when I discovered Urban Sketching. Thanks Marc.

10. August 21, 2015 9:07 PM

Thank you so much. After read your book, watch your classes I will be only waiting for the next workshop in Brazil. Who knows ?

11. Ruth T permalink
    August 22, 2015 8:48 PM

I can see I actually improved in my swift sketches after watching your other class several times. Really looking forward to this upcoming one. It’s a hobby my husband and I enjoy together.

12. August 24, 2015 5:38 PM

Thankyou for the discount, Marc. I’ve just bought the course and very excited to start!

13. August 25, 2015 3:56 AM

Already spent the morning watching most of this amazing class Marc, exactly what I was wanting after devouring your People in Motion class. Can’t wait to put these lessons in motion step by step, thank you so much for the discount!

14. August 25, 2015 9:06 AM

Yay! So excited for another of your courses! I re-visit Sketching People In Motion all the time. You’re awesome! Thanks!

15. August 25, 2015 11:21 AM

Signed up — loved the first class! Looking forward to meeting you at the Portugal workshop!

16. August 26, 2015 12:18 PM

Cannot wait to take this course Marc! Have your book as well! Thanks so much in advance! I really need help with more spontaneous sketching!!

Trackbacks

1. Sketching Lac Boyd: A Taste of the Good Life | Citizen Sketcher
  2. Singapore Workshop Results: Street Portraits and Crowd Shots | Citizen Sketcher
  3. Announcing a new video lesson: Travel Sketching in Mixed Media! | Citizen Sketcher
  4. Travel Sketching in Mixed Media Live Today! Lesson Sneak Peek! | Citizen Sketcher
  5. Video Trailer for Travel Sketching in Mixed Media | Citizen Sketcher
  6. Guest Doodlewash: Welcome Home | doodlewash
  7. Painting Underwater: The Singapore Sketches | Citizen Sketcher
  8. Painting Underwater in Singapore | Citizen Sketcher
  9. Inktober, Week Three | D.Katie Powell Art
  10. Sketching Memories of Our Staycation, 2 Work Happens | D.Katie Powell Art
  11. A nice bit of feedback… | Citizen Sketcher
  12. Returning to Rio for Color | Citizen Sketcher
  13. Returning to Rio: Tinting your old sketchbooks | Citizen Sketcher
  14. Negative and Positive Shapes in Watercolor | Citizen Sketcher
  15. Great Question of the Week: How do I avoid ‘cartoony’ sketches? | Citizen Sketcher
  16. Workshop News: Galway IE sold out! Thinking about India? | Citizen Sketcher
  17. Crafty Question: On Sketching Flowers | Citizen Sketcher
  18. Sketching Interiors or: Breaking the Tyranny of Perspective | Citizen Sketcher
  19. Sketching Interiors or: Breaking the Tyranny of Perspective – | Cygnus