That’s it for my #OneWeek100People 2020. Thanks everyone!

March 13, 2020

Another year of #OneWeek100People is crossing the finish line!

I’m sitting here at the computer, watching people posting up on the Facebook group. Most are saying they’ve hit their 100, a few that they need the weekend to finish, but either way, it’s been a great experience.

I must say, it’s so rewarding to be part of a group activity like this. Seeing everyone’s work appear each day – and watching your own number tick up –  it keeps you excited – and motivated to keep sketching, even with so much going on in our busy lives.

Besides all the great drawings, I’ve seen few fun ideas this year. I’m just going to link a few highlights (I hope direct-links to Facebook work for you, but if not there’s great stuff to be found all over just by searching the hashtag #OneWeek100People )

Paula Raudenbush – An ‘Advent Calender’ – See all your sketches fill up the page

Fabien Bartz – Hand Made Miniature Sketchbook

StanCreative – Put Everyone in a Single Picture

Barbara Eguchi – Keychain Sketchbook

So yes!

Really, I just want to thank everyone who participated this year.

I know everyone has benefited from seeing all your artwork and ideas, and all the creative ways you find subjects to draw. It’s been a terrific celebration of learning-by-doing :)

Thanks everyone for all your enthusiasm!

I hope we will see you next March!

~marc

1. March 13, 2020 7:56 PM

Fun posts. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone

2. Carmela Sunnyvale permalink
    March 13, 2020 9:59 PM

Hi All–what a wonderful display of perseverance and creativity on the Facebook site. I was too overwhelmed by the covid-19 erupting in my community to do any sketching today. But I enjoyed and learned from Marc’s comments and videos–thank you Marc! My thanks to all who inspired me this week. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick up my sketch tools next week.

3. Hariette permalink
    March 14, 2020 12:13 AM

Love your sketches in water…lovely feeling
    of movement that you’ve captured!
    I haven’t been following from the start, sorry, but have you going straight to water, no initial pencil lines to guide you? Thanks

4. Barbara permalink
    March 14, 2020 9:15 PM

Thanks for sharing ….. and for keeping us together during the past week.

5. miatagrrl permalink
    March 15, 2020 1:50 AM

Thanks for the inspiration again. It was such ironic, terrible timing to try to sketch people when everything we were hearing was about avoiding people. I hope by the time of OneWeek100People2021, we will be joyously sketching crowds, with the coronavirus nothing but a distant nightmare memory.

• March 16, 2020 1:27 PM

It’s true! Just under the wire before self-isolation :) But that might give people more time for our 30×30 event this summer :) I hope art making can keep our minds off of worldly troubles :)