Welcome back Watercolor! It’s 2020!

January 29, 2020

Hello everyone. It’s been a while hey?

Isn’t it exciting? It’s 2020!

I’ve been waiting eagerly for this year. I like the nice rounded and doubled number.

The older I get the more superstitious I become. It seems like an auspicious number. Like anything can happen in a year with a fine number like that.

So this is just a nothing post – just a few sketches from a recent vacay in SoCal, and a little hello! to watercolor sketching, my old friend I’ve been neglecting.

I’m in the middle of planning projects for this year. Things are in flux, and I hope to be able to return to watercolor with new energy this spring.

So that’s it – just a tease – and I hope you’ve had a great new years season.

~m

1. Margaret Horak permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:07 PM

Welcome back, Marc! We’ve missed you over here in “watercolor land”.

Can’t wait to see and hear what you are doing now! Love the sketches, too.

2. Carla permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:08 PM

Yay!!!! I love your watercolor paintings & sketches, Marc! So happy to hear that you will be returning to watercolor.

3. January 29, 2020 1:10 PM

Welcome back Marc! Great to see your watercolour again! Jacquie Penner

Sent from my iPhone

4. January 29, 2020 1:13 PM

Glad you’re “back”!

5. Gina permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:15 PM

i’ve missed you!

6. Estelle permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:16 PM

Yeah !! Glad to see you again. Looking forward to 2020 also.

7. Margaret Horak permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:16 PM

We’ve missed you, Marc! Can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve for this year!

8. Judy permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:19 PM

Welcome back to watercolor! I’ve missed your inspiring work! Look forward to following you again and taking courses, if you offer them.

9. Frank Bettendorf permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:19 PM

Welcome back! Glad to see you’re still surviving the Canadian cold! Excited to see your posts.
    Frank B

10. mlaiuppa permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:26 PM

Welcome back. Those are lovely sketches. I hope you enjoyed your stay in So Cal. The weather has been decent. This year’s challenge will be upon us in a few months.

11. Maureen Pakenham permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:26 PM

Hello Marc ! Lovely to see you back …. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that all your online friends, of whom I am one in England, have missed you ! Mo

Sent from my iPad

12. Ben permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:52 PM

I’m glad you are back!!
    Keep your sketches coming – please.

13. Susan permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:52 PM

Hi Marc,
    I’m so excited that you’re back into watercolors! We’ve missed you, your paintings, and your sketches. Can’t wait to see how this year of the rounded number will bring out your creativity!
    Look forward to hearing more from you,
    Susan Weimer

14. Kathky permalink
    January 29, 2020 1:55 PM

Good to hear form you Marc-Happy New Year!

15. scottngov permalink
    January 29, 2020 2:05 PM

Marc, I’m super excited to see you produce more watercolors. By far your watercolors are the most interesting of all the masters.

16. Rita Cleary permalink
    January 29, 2020 2:07 PM

Yay!

17. hulahoopchickencoop permalink
    January 29, 2020 2:16 PM

Welcome back!

Heather Lilley

18. January 29, 2020 2:25 PM

Your “nothing” brought me joy! I just really love watercolor and your watercolors especially Marc. Hope all is well and yes, let’s look toward 2020 with an unveiling vision of creativity and hope 🎨🤙🏼

19. January 29, 2020 2:25 PM

20. Joan permalink
    January 29, 2020 2:42 PM

Yay! So glad you are back, Marc. You’ve been such an influence in my development of skills in quick sketching and loose watercolor…and I have continued to look at your site with so much info as well as some of the online classes I’ve taken with you. I know you’ve been focusing on oil…but I have a particular fondness to your pen and ink washes, urban sketching, and especially watercolor. I’ve never commented before, even though I follow you…but thought I’d let you now how much your presence and energy affects us out here. Looking forward to 2020!

Joan Langfeld

21. January 29, 2020 2:49 PM

So glad you are back. You have been missed. Wish you all the best for 2020.

22. January 29, 2020 2:53 PM

Welcome back, we missed you! Eileen

23. Jean permalink
    January 29, 2020 3:07 PM

Oh Mark, I am so happy to see you come back to watercolour and to have the chance to see your beautiful and interesting sketches again. Maybe buy another of your books, if you write again? Or – perhaps another online course? I took a great one of yours. (Forget who hosted it) Currently taking an online course with Liz Steel on sketching buildings. Excellent. But simply to hear from you again and to see the sketches you share as you wander will be wonderful …. WECOME back!

24. Jean permalink
    January 29, 2020 3:09 PM

Sorry Marc
    Siri changed the spelling of your name.
    Obviously not bilingual……

25. January 29, 2020 3:13 PM

Yay!!!!!!

Leslie Reid Brasher http://www.lrbrasherstudio.com

26. Suzann permalink
    January 29, 2020 3:38 PM

Love your watercolors and drawings. Welcome back and anxious to see what is in store this year. Thanks for sharing.

27. jcbrown2017 permalink
    January 29, 2020 3:42 PM

So wonderful to hear from you again! Can’t wait to see what’s ahead!

28. January 29, 2020 4:05 PM

Welcome back to the fold, Marc. Sometimes we have to go and try another medium and I’m always looking at oils with half an eye and sometimes I do an oil painting, but watercolour is my passion and I know it has been yours too. So you’re back again to watercolour and 2020 is going to be an excellent lucky number year for all of us. We can’t help being passionate about watercolour; certainly I know I can’t. Very best wishes, Carol-Lynn Bond.
    I have my work on Bluethumb now, so check it out if you have a spare couple of minutes.

29. Connie permalink
    January 29, 2020 4:47 PM

Your watercolor Magic has been missed……look forward to your new creations.

30. bernadette permalink
    January 29, 2020 5:28 PM

How wonderful to see your watercolors again, can’t wait! I’ve missed you and so have many, many others.

31. Grimbot permalink
    January 29, 2020 6:09 PM

It’s always good to see your watercolour work, Marc. Thanks for sharing it and please never stop!

32. Kathy Wesson permalink
    January 29, 2020 6:12 PM

Welcome back! Lovely to see your inimitable style pop up again!

33. January 29, 2020 9:09 PM

How serendipitous! I was on your website today downloading your watercolor PDFs and bemoaning the fact that you’ve gone to oil. I am sosososo happy you are coming back to watercolor.

34. Judy Sopher permalink
    January 30, 2020 3:54 AM

I add my “welcome back” to all of the others. I love your watercolors. But-I also loved your oils. I am sure you would be superior in any medium but I will enjoy your watercolors again.

35. January 30, 2020 9:56 AM

Welcome back to you and watercolour.

36. Shirley Joiner permalink
    January 30, 2020 7:58 PM

I don’t know what I can add to the other wonderful comments, so “Ditto.” I have worn out your blog by going back and reading your old posts, and I have been re-watching your old Craftsy (now Blueprint) videos, and I have been dog-earing your sketching and direct watercolor books. Yes, you have been missed.

37. February 2, 2020 8:05 AM

welcome back Marc. We needed your comeback!

38. Anja permalink
    February 2, 2020 9:53 AM

Hello Marc, I’m really happy that you want to make watercolors again. I love your work very much !!

39. Rosemary permalink
    February 4, 2020 4:48 PM

Yay!! As much as I love your oils Marc, I am thrilled to see you back in watercolours. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2020!!

40. February 8, 2020 9:23 AM

I find your watercolors magical… Thank you for continuing to provide magic to the world!

Trackbacks

1. Getting back in the everyday sketching groove | Sketch Away: Travels with my sketchbook