Day Five! #OneWeek100People 2018: So it ends – or does it?

March 9, 2018

I feel like there’s two ways to judge the success of your #OneWeek100People2018.

How much fun was it? < Dr. Sketchy’s Montreal)

Or, how much you got accomplished :)

Either way, big thanks to everyone who participated! I hope this jolt of inspiration can keep you going for a good long while. At least until your next big sketching event.

I know there’s always something in this terrific online community of ours. My next-big-thing is the USK Chicago Sketch Seminar in June. < Still spaces available I believe).

So – take care everyone and thanks for your #OneWeek100People2018!

1. Judy Sopher permalink
    March 9, 2018 9:38 AM

I didn’t try for 100 this time but did this in the past and learned a lot. In fact I am still sketching people but not at that pace. But I especially enjoyed seeing your work. Terrific.

2. March 9, 2018 11:45 AM

Marc, thank you so much for your inspiration and encouragement! I managed about 136 people, I hope that you don’t mind that I modified your graphic that I never got a handle of!

• March 9, 2018 6:28 PM

Blown past the finish line! Congrats!

3. Kay permalink
    March 9, 2018 12:49 PM

Thank you Marc for inspiring us to go out and sketch people! Managed 102, and have gained a lot of confidence while doing the challenge!

• March 9, 2018 2:03 PM

So glad to hear that! Exactly what we want :)

• March 9, 2018 6:26 PM

Excellent Kay, congrats for keeping with it to the end!

4. March 9, 2018 2:29 PM

Thank you Marc, I did 105 persons in total. It was a great experience!
    Leonor Janeiro

5. Linda Patton permalink
    March 9, 2018 2:37 PM

It was great & definitely inspiring. I’m kinda faltering at the end so will tack on a day or two extra to finish BUT after this, keeping up a regular sketching schedule will be a snap!

6. Ekfmef permalink
    March 9, 2018 5:53 PM

This was really awesome. After getting to 100 this morning I couldn’t stop sketching… eventually I sketched 124 people.

Focusing on sketching the ‘required’ 20 people a day really helped me to step out of my comfortzone and try new things. And missing the train never was so much fun (that is how I ended up with 24 extra people today :)).

• March 9, 2018 6:25 PM

This is a great thing to hear ! It’s working so well for you :)

7. Fernanda Fernandes permalink
    March 10, 2018 5:53 AM

My first time into this great challenge! It was a lot of fun and I did it and overpassed :-). Count on me to repeat it as the next time it will be even easier ;-))

(see you at Porto USK Symposium 2018!!!!)
    P.S. I posted my drawings at Instagram: fefa.mffernandes

8. March 10, 2018 9:07 AM

It was a great challenge. I managed to get 100 people sketched by the end of the day yesterday and it was good practice. I am better at people now than I was on Monday. It’s not often I like being kept waiting because the doctor is late but this time, it was actually productive, for once… ;)

9. Robert Glazauskis (Bob) permalink
    March 11, 2018 12:14 PM

Came up 6 short, but did better than I thought for the first time ever doing this challenge and I look forward to taking this challenge on again next year, as I will be better prepared and a better artist next year with much more sketching and painting under my belt by then..

• March 11, 2018 1:10 PM

Great work Bob – 94 is respectable :) Looking forward to next year too:)

• Robert Glazauskis (Bob) permalink
        March 11, 2018 9:34 PM

Thanks Marc. I am off from my airline job at O’Hare for the entire Urban Sketchers seminar in Chicago in June and plan to go to all days of it and attend your work shop. So looking forward to that too!

10. grimvood permalink
    March 11, 2018 1:47 PM

My sketching week was rudely interrupted by the birth of my first child. How do i apply for an extension?

• March 11, 2018 4:49 PM

Hahaha! Great! Well – now there’s tons of baby pics to sketch :) and sleeplessness to help you be less picky :(