Interview on the self-publishing process, up on Gurney Journey!

February 28, 2018

If you’re interested in some behind-the-scenes on the making of Direct Watercolor – the ever-inquisitive Mr. James Gurney had some great questions, which we’ve posted as an interview on his blog. < Head on over to his place if you’d like to read about my process self-publishing with Amazon’s CreateSpace.

1. February 28, 2018 11:54 AM

Excellent interview… love the book btw.

2. February 28, 2018 12:26 PM

Wow – he grilled you!! So many thanks for your generous sharing of this knowledge! I have published once with a small publisher, and am very much mulling over how to do another book, so this info is invaluable! I also own one of your books, bought from Chapters online, and I’d better go looking for Direct Watercolour :) :) Thanks again, Marc – and such great work, as always!

3. debmostertartist permalink
    February 28, 2018 5:45 PM

such a good interview which has left me chewing on a lot of thoughts….. having chatted with Roz Stendhal about the same topic… this has given me even more to think about!! Well done Marc!! All best with your books and I guess I’d better go and buy this one too!!

4. tmikeporter permalink
    March 1, 2018 12:11 AM

Now I better understand how you did the book, Marc, so I’ll order mine now on Amazon.

5. kreuzn permalink
    March 1, 2018 4:06 AM

That was a great read thanks Marc. I’ve written a children’s book that I’d love to have published. Now that I know about the process of CreateSpace I’ll look at it myself.

• Babs permalink
      March 5, 2018 2:47 PM

I have published many books on CreateSpace plus Lightning Source. If you need advice, contact me.

6. Gina Bisaillon permalink
    March 1, 2018 7:22 AM

Excellent!

7. Carol permalink
    March 6, 2018 5:01 PM

I hope to get this new book. I looked on Amazon for the preview………it showed mostly buildings. Do you also have people like you have shown us here? Or can you tell me more on the content of this new book? Thank you very much.

• March 6, 2018 5:03 PM

Carol, the book is a ‘best of’ album of what’s I’ve been doing in the last five years of this blog. So it is completely focused on drawing on the street in various cities around the world. There’s tips and tricks on watercolor painting throughout, and six new landscape sketching demos. Some urban, some environment. SO – no people! Sorry – not in this one! Maybe that would be good for the next one :)