L’Occitane en Provence wants you to have a painting!

June 23, 2016

L'Occitane_Marc_paintings_006web

L’Occitane en Provence wants you to have a painting!

I’ll be in Quebec City this Sat June 25, from 1-4pm at the brand new L’Occitane shop, opening up at 85 Rue du Petit Champlain.

occitane

L'Occitane_Marc_paintings_011web

I’ve been commissioned to be on hand, painting live. We are offering my miniature watercolors as a gift to customers. Not sure about specifics of the offer, I know there are $30, $50 and $75 thresholds that give at least 15% off your purchases. At this very moment I am making a large collection of tiny paintings to complement those made on site. All are images of the south of France and the botanical ingredients in their products.

L'Occitane_Marc_paintings_010web
If you’re in town, I hope you’ll stop by! It would be good to meet any readers in Quebec City!

L'Occitane_Marc_paintings_007web

~m

1. Janet lee permalink
    June 23, 2016 4:27 PM

How I wish I could, I’d like to meet you and have one of those memories of France. Cy too far away

2. zuzala permalink
    June 23, 2016 4:46 PM

Oh. I wish, but Toronto is as far north as this NYC girl is going this year. Ya Shoulda been at the botanicals with Shari!

3. June 23, 2016 5:24 PM

If ONLY I were in your town, would love to have one of your originals. Very colorful, serene. I hope you meet many of your readers while painting.

4. Judith Cozon permalink
    June 23, 2016 5:40 PM

love the first one!

5. Erik Madsen permalink
    June 23, 2016 5:42 PM

Hi Marc, this looks like a very cool event! We love these products, which is of course exceeded by our love for your art. Have fun, wish we were going to be there!

6. June 23, 2016 7:09 PM

all the best Marc!

7. Annie permalink
    June 23, 2016 11:01 PM

Sounds like this group ( with me, too) needs to charter a plane to get to this event! Lovely miniatures. What is the overall size, Marc? Really like the margin space.

• June 24, 2016 12:25 AM

Hey Annie ~ These are just tiny :) 4×6″ sheets with little pictures – about 2×3″, but I’m just sketching them in approximately so it varies.
      Glad you like them! Maybe I’ll put miniatures in my next craftsy class. It’s certainly one way to make a painting very quickly! You can’t get overly fussy at that size.

8. June 24, 2016 5:30 AM

Wish I could be there. Still working on my passport. (My husband is the slow one) Think this will be done next week. Isn’t it great that now we need one to go from the USA to Canada?

At any rate, I have taken all your Craftsy classes and hope you do more. Love your work.

9. Annie permalink
    June 24, 2016 11:37 AM

Thanks for the size info, Marc, and yes, miniatures in your next class is a great idea. Funny, I have both your Craftsy classes as well as other classes, and I think even a quarter size of WC paper intimidates me but this size doesn’t.

10. Françoise permalink
    June 24, 2016 5:54 PM

Hi, Mr Holmes ! I live in Manosque in Provence, just where is the factory of “l’Occitane”. Your sketches are very beautiful and very suggestive of our region. I hope that you will come one day to paint here !

11. Antonio Ponce permalink
    June 24, 2016 6:55 PM

Extraordinario y muy clarificador para mi el video Drawing People in Places. Me gustaria saber el nombre los colores que aparecen en su caja de 24 colores.
    Muchas gracias.
    Antonio

12. June 24, 2016 7:43 PM

I LOVE Quebec City, and I LOVE your work but I’m a bit far away out here in Northern CA to make it there for your painting event.

Very cool that you are commissioned for this. What a neat idea and a great way to get motivated to produce a lot of work! This is an inspiration for me to see different aspects of the “business” of artmaking. Before now, I hadn’t thought how this can be integrated in any sort of partnership from a small, local farm, a health and beauty salon, to a well-established business like L’Occitane de Provence.

How was the initial idea started and turned into this gig?

• June 25, 2016 8:07 AM

I think they (L’Occitane marketing team) are interested in the idea of painting on location – in the same way as the general public right now – and designers are always artistic people. Painting in the south of France is certainly a tradition:)

They were looking around for a person to make art at the opening, and word got to me through friends. Just a classic case of a good fit!

• June 25, 2016 9:37 AM

This does look like a good fit. Nice how it all came together. I’ll look out for your update when you tell us how it all went. Have a great time!

13. June 25, 2016 6:04 AM

Enjoy the Petit Champlain, a rather picturesque part of the city.