Announcing: Workshop in Alvor Portugal: March 20-31, 2016
I’m excited to announce my first watercolor workshop of 2016 – in Alvor, Portugal!
We’re offering this event in partnership with Going Places Together.com and The Art District Gallery of Kitchener / Waterlooo.
This workshop will be a mix of days painting on location in Alvor and nearby Portimao, and day-tripping with a camera or sketchbook. I’ll be doing plenty of demos, and offering suggested exercises teaching you to travel light, paint quickly, and capture the world in spontaneous, colorful sketches!
Some key concepts we’ll cover:
- Composition and design – focal point, gradient of interest,
- Seeing the painting as silhouette shapes,
- Direct sketching in watercolor – painting wet-on-dry,
- Color mixing and paint viscosity,
- Making color variation, warm and cool, charging in, and color notes,
- Edge control – hard and soft edges of wet shapes,
- and calligraphic brushwork for fine details.
Please note: In order to insure the best experience for everyone, there is only space for 15 artists. We are looking to get your registration before August 31, 2015 in order to book accommodations in advance. Thanks! ~m