St. Vincents plein air…

May 19, 2009

Went out on Sunday with the newly coalescing North Bay Painters group…more details on their site: http://nbpleinair.blogspot.com/

It had to be around 90 degrees yesterday. As I was drawing, my shady spot was swiftly shrinking – but the light on the buildings was improving :) I stuck around long enough to entirely overwork the right side of this sketch. SO, here it is, cropped to the more interesting area :)

This is St. Vincent’s school for boys. Quite an impressive mission style complex – pretty much defining the term ‘nestled in the hills’ a few miles north of San Rafael. It really is a peaceful spot. Old grape arbors, tree lined lanes, and various interesting religious statuary placed among the rocks and trees…

1. May 19, 2009 6:41 AM

I had no idea there were such interesting buildings there. We live in San Rafael and it’s never occurred to me to visit there. I will, Love your work. I’m following you on twitter. I’m stoicmike

2. May 19, 2009 9:02 AM

amazing your work !

congratulations

Marco Moreira

3. May 21, 2009 12:52 PM

haha, don’t worry about the comment man. It’s good that someone does something else than just giving compliments. In fact you’re right, i think her face is good.. but her outfit makes no sense :) I should completely redo that body.

4. May 22, 2009 8:07 AM

Beautiful.

5. May 26, 2009 4:54 AM

Hey Marc, what kind of paper were you using for this? I have gotten back into wtaercolor and I am curious what you prefer to work on.

-Sean

6. July 2, 2009 11:29 AM

this looks great. praying for good weather tomorrow – looking forward to ALamo Square.